Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weird Commercial

I took note of a commercial tonight. It claimed to make my life easier by something like 1000%. Which, I know isn't even mathematically possible but I took note nonetheless.

The commercial featured a woman and her laundry. She said how excited she was about the Purex 3 in 1 sheet. Her life was transformed by the fact that one sheet cleaned her clothes, softened her clothes and took out the static. Her final statement was: "Now all I have to do is fold!"

Tonight, I threw in my third load of laundry. I assessed how much trouble I had pouring detergent into the lid of the bottle and then pouring the detergent into the washer. I didn't have to assess how much trouble I had putting a dryer sheet in because I don't have any dryer sheets.

I have piles of unfolded laundry all, all, all the time. That is trouble. Potty training is trouble. Boys and lacrosse is trouble. Swimming in a hotel pool that someone had pooped in is serious trouble. (happened today) But when did pouring soap into the washer become so wearying?

Just let me know when the Folding Laundry Poop In Pool Alert Gnome is for sale. I'll take two.

1 comment:

  1. Once a warrior, always a warrior.

    There certainly is a lot of poop in this world. Mothers overcome it all.

    ReplyDelete