Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Inner Being

I cleaned my face with Bath and Body's Uplifting Tamarind Nectar.

I washed my hair with Herbal Essence White Nectarine and Pink Coral Flower.

I put on clean pajamas that had been washed in Purex Cherry Blossom Vanilla detergent.

I brushed my teeth with Crest with Scope.

I climbed into bed and my husband said, "Hm. You smell like....warm bread."

The only possible explanation I have for that is that after 15 years and 4 months, the essence of momness has seeped into my innermost being and has trumped every scented personal hygiene product that exists.

I don't even bake bread.

I should be thankful though. There are a lot of other things I do that, if I smelled like any of them, (Kraft Macaroni and Cheese; Luv's Diapers; Mowed Lawn; What Is In This Tupperware; Walmart) my husband might ask me get up and do a little fragrance spritz. Of Warm Bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment