1. Two people who discuss how many sirens there were when a friend of theirs had a heart attack.
2. Two men who ask each other how the knee surgery is affecting the stiffness of their knees.
3. A man in spandex running shorts with flames. Think Hot Wheel Car Zooba Pants shrunken and on a 50 year old man.
4. A man with a hat that had the word "Runner" embroidered on the back of it. That's because having running shoes, running shorts, a running shirt, a race number and running must not have been enough to alert us to the fact that he was a runner.
a. I did think of one time when this sort of labeling would be helpful. I would wear something similar the next time I go to Walmart, only my hat/shirt/etc. would be emblazoned with the word "Shopper." That way, I wouldn't be confused with "Employee" as I have been. Twice.
5. A man who could have been my great grandfather say to me, "Are you all right? You doing ok?" accompanied by raised Eyebrows of Concern. Probably the universal signal for "Should I call 911?"
6. A description given of someone loud enough for me to hear and disturbing enough for me to remember: "Oh, you know Cliff. He's sixty years old and a gynecologist. He's very open about how much he loves women."
a. Note to self: Do NOT schedule an exam with anyone named Cliff.
I wasn't last. I finished. A glass of wine sounds really good.