Saturday, October 31, 2009

Don't Waste Your Wait

Sometimes I want to be done with waiting. All this week I have been waiting, fairly sure we would hear some news. Instead, I am still basically waiting. Then I wondered if I would ever actually miss this time and I wondered if I am wasting this time. A few years ago, our pastor wrote an extraordinary little piece called, "Don't Waste Your Cancer." I totally copied him but mine is called, "Don't Waste Your Wait."

You will waste your wait if you do not believe it is designed for you by God.


You will waste your wait if you believe it is a curse and not a gift.


You will waste your wait if you seek comfort from your odds rather than from God.


You will waste your wait if you think that adopting is just about your family and your child.


You will waste your wait if you spend too much time reading about adoption (and blogs and emails and youtubes and....) and not enough time reading about God.


You will waste your wait if you let it drive you into solitude instead of deepen your relationships with manifest affection.


You will waste your wait if you grieve as those who have no hope.


You will waste your wait if you treat sin as casually as before.


You will waste your wait if you fail to use it as a means of witness to the truth and glory of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Yep...failing on many of those...thanks for reminding me though....guess there is still much room for improvement then right?

    :)

    ReplyDelete