Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yet Another Pet Idea

In our history of marriage, we have had the following pets: cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamster, fish and dog. I toyed with the idea of pygmy goat until The Washington County Fair Visit changed my mind. Even the Grand Champions are not cute.

I wasn't ready to quite give up the goat idea however. I think because they are semi useful and semi cute and don't want to sleep in my bed.

And now, I may not have to because not one, but two friends have verified the existence of something called Fainting Goats. As soon as I heard about them, I had the following conversation with Levi:

Me: Hey Levi, I heard about something called fainting goats.

Levi: How do you do it?

Me: Well, I think that if someone scares them, they faint.

Levi: Could I faint the goat?

Me: I think we'd have to take turns.

Levi: What day would I get?

Me: Oh, probably the same day that you get to pray first for devotions.

Levi: What if I scared it, but it didn't faint?

Me: I'd let you try three times a day.

Levi: What if it fainted on the first try?

Me: Then you'd be done.

Levi: That's good. They probably don't want to faint all the time.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO FUNNY! Mia and I have been watching it over and over. Maybe you could start practicing on Joel, just to get tactics down pat before making the purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you posted a link to this video.
    yes yes yes!

    ReplyDelete