Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My husband and I drove to Chicago. We are celebrating great friends who are willing to take some of our children for the weekend and wonderful grandparents who are willing to take the rest. Oh, and we are celebrating 20 years of marriage.


On the way to Chicago, I found a few things particularly fascinating:

  1. I can have a complete thought.
  2. Joel and I can have a complete conversation.
  3. We need to order only a small pizza for supper.
  4. The Wall Street Journal has a sense of humor even if they don’t know it. Here’s the quote I read today about France and their new law against wearing burqas:


“ It forbids concealing the face in public--with exceptions for motorcycle riders, surgeons, individuals wearing carnival or Santa Claus costumes, riot police, metal welders and others.” WSJ; July 14, 2010


For our 25th anniversary I am going to France dressed either as a metal welder or Santa Claus. Not sure just yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment